Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wich C compiler is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesam Kamalan

Hi all'

I want to use one C compiler for my project, but i do not know wich one is the best. i want that compiler support 16FXXXX family devices. tell me wich one is the best, please.

Are there FREE c compliers?

Now, I use exclusively Assembly language, but is there advantage of using C?

i find MIKROC from MIKROELEKTRONIKA. you can search it. i find it is very good compiler but it have limited to 2 KB.

in addition to akg reply.

Yeah there are free C compilers you can google it to find any. also there are some C compilers that limited up in Kb , like Keil C for MCS-51(8051) is limited up to 2 Kb. But for first learners will be enough to improve himself/herself in Microcontroller's C.
www.keil.com

PIC series you can try this one .perhaps it will help you.

https://www.htsoft.com/products/PICClite.php

Assembler is a good way of learning Microcontroller from deep. you can learn Macro assemlers for fast programming too.In other times you can use this macros for another projects too. And you wouldn't waste your time from scratch.
In addition C have another taste in programming, it s very flexible language. You can do anything that assemblers could. But sometime there will be problem like using a lot of ram or rom of microcontroller than assembler.

3 years ago, I used wiz-c for 16xxxx. it works good, but I can't create function array pointers for finite state machine implementations. and even if the variable parameters in the functions has const modifier, you can modify the variable, and the compiler doesnt give a warning. Though most of my initial projects were created using Wiz-c and all of them works efficiently.

since I moved to 18fxxxx series, now i am using MPLAB C18 and its very very good C compiler.

and even if the variable parameters in the functions has const modifier, you can modify the variable, and the compiler doesnt give a warning.
Thats pretty bad!

I recommend CCS. Depending on where you get it, it can be expensive, but I'd say its worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back