Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wi-Fi Home Control System

Status
Not open for further replies.

caledary11

I am currently doing a project in my undergrad on a system that allows household power units to be controlled from a computer through Wi-Fi.

My plan is to build a hardware unit that can be plugged into the power sockets to control the switches. This unit will have a relay, a microcontroller (AVR kit) and a Wi-Fi tranceiver. On the computer, I will be programming a simple interface with possibly microsoft visual basic. And in the center is a wireless router.

Are there any thing I should know about the IP protocol and such as I don't have much knowledge on data communication.
Any suggestions on my idea?
Thanks in advance.. :)

You might try posting your question in one of these AV Forums. People there may be more knowledgeable of Wi-Fi protocols.

Thanks for the tip Carl. I'll check it out.

But do you guys have any opinion on my project? Or anyone has any experience on something similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back