Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why wont LM324N work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceilingwalker

I'm making a circuit to turn-on one LED if a tank goes overtemp, and another LED if the tank goes undertemp. I chose to build a simple window comparator circuit. I used an
LM324N (TI) Quad op-amp and no matter what is put on the inverted and non-inverted inputs, the output was always the Vcc value. I then used a TLC272CP (TI), and it solved it. I'm new to this and was hoping someone could explain why the Quad op-amp didn't work. Thank you

Since you did not attach your schematic then we are blind to how you connected everything.

Chances are the inputs where not with the allowed range. This is not a "rail-to-rail" opamp, whereas the TL might have a wider input range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back