Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why is this robot forum page dead?

Heres a cool page here for robotics - how come no-ones posted here in ages???

Ive got plans for an home made electro-formed full metal security robot, hell I could make it out of titanium if I wanted, all I need is a supply of titanium sulphate, or chloride.

Why death of page?

Probably because not too many people who frequent this site are interested in that particular topic. I think you could survey most of the other sub-forums and find similar results. For Example "Product & Service Reviews" has 2 threads for 2023 and 6 threads for all of last year. That sounds pretty dead to me.

I think this might be a trend like stamp collecting, amateur radio, and contract bridge.

Lets face it, robotics is mad expensive and you need to know your S*** to even think about adopting this, not so good for amateurs and students who wander their way to ETO. It would be the same as if I showed up asking for help building a doppler radar, in fact im convinced that a radar would be simpler with less moving parts and all the fun torque amp blah stuff involved.

I have three different robot projects in progress, but all very long term & waiting basically for enough spare time to make some serious progress on one or the other..

A "Spot Micro", waiting for some parts to be reprinted as the first ones i made turned out to be from two slightly different versions and do not fit together..

A large wheeled robot with stereo vision & LIDAR etc.,

And a large quadruped, in early planning with just a few parts sourced so far.

It's all down to time, not a lot to ask about or discuss.

(Plus the seven commercial robots I already own..)

Um sorry I'm a bit absent minded at all times, and I forgot to comment on something.
I have three different robot projects in progress, but all very long term & waiting basically for enough spare time to make some serious progress on one or the other..

A "Spot Micro", waiting for some parts to be reprinted as the first ones i made turned out to be from two slightly different versions and do not fit together..

A large wheeled robot with stereo vision & LIDAR etc.,

And a large quadruped, in early planning with just a few parts sourced so far.

It's all down to time, not a lot to ask about or discuss.

(Plus the seven commercial robots I already own..)

Thats really good, do the robots help your work at all? I haven't employed one yet but I'm always thinking of ways one could help me through a maker job, as I'm brainstorming away every day.

I've got a quadruped on the way (U actually corrected my spelling just then! I was spelling them quadr-a-ped!!!),
I think a quadruped is a good challenge, because you have a little balancing to do as they get along, hexapods just have to centre the weight on tripods so its alot easier.

Been working on it for 10 years now! haven't quit just haven't got it done yet, its been a very long long project.
I feel I'm really close to finishing now, but it seems the closer I get to it, the slower I work, so its quite arduous journey.

And I'm probably going to be dead when its done, but I think its worth it! even if it kills me!! :)

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back