Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why do digital FM receiver scans and saves empty FM channels ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
wen doing "auto scan and save of all channels" the radio is scanning and saving empty ( dummy ) channels and it goes to upto 30 or more somtimes. in my area only 5 or six channels are available and all are clearly available if i tune into it manually. but in my receiver i cant save manually tuned channels :( so i desperately need a solution for this :( is it because of interference ??? how can i solve this ??

It might be interference.
It might be a cheap radio circuit that is overloaded by strong local stations.

I was hoping to find it on Google, but didn't. It does seem strange that you can't set a manually tuned station. John

I was hoping to find it on Google, but didn't. It does seem strange that you can't set a manually tuned station. John

ya i too thought so :\ may be i dont no how to do it as it didnt come wit a manual :(

will post a pic of it and its remote soon ok

Presumably it's so cheap and nasty that it only has auto-tuning, and is so poor quality it can't even do that properly?.
oh ok :p
i use it in my bathroom. so quality was not a priority wen i was going to buy a fm receiver for my bathroom :p wen i got at the shop they had this cheap fm receiver with usb, mmc and sd support so i bought it. it also comes with a remote and works on a 12v battery too :)

here is the pic of it

https://i39.tinypic.com/2exlxue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back