Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why are car rear/brake LED lights done with linear LED drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For £325,000 you get only half of a house?
Can the other people hear you and can you hear them? Do you care?

Never mind the petrol prices.......at least the houses are cheap over here in UK......take this typical , bargain 2-bed-terrace in Cambridge for just £325,000

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37970479.html

...there's nowhere to park anywhere near it so you won't need to use petrol (the on street parking doesn't quite work out because each house is less length than a car....so only room for one car outside every 2 houses)
I have to agree with AG, regardless of the exchange rate. In the great State of Ohio, in the US, you can get 3700 ft. sq. single house and 20 acres for less than half that. The lawn needs some work. Most important, to some, our state university football team is undefeated for the second year in a row.

In the [Peoples] Republic of California, a common wall means you have to abide by all sort of new regulations. For example, in at least one jurisdiction, regulations prohibit smoking of any kind.

I would never buy a home with a common wall, except maybe as an investment.

John

Attachments

• upload_2013-11-26_19-11-10.png
    upload_2013-11-26_19-11-10.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 186
...there's nowhere to park anywhere near it so you won't need to use petrol (the on street parking doesn't quite work out because each house is less length than a car....so only room for one car outside every 2 houses)
Wow. The house is less then the length of a car?

Looking west the next house is 4000 feet.
Looking south the next house is 2500 feet.
looking north the next house is 1700 feet.
Looking east the next house is 1200 feet.
There are so many people I can't stand it.

I'm in Antalya Turkey right now and those prices would get you a large mansion in the local mountains and then some! :cool:

Really thinking a ~70K Tl ($35K US) investment here would get me a nice little 3000 sq ft winter home and a few acres where I can have a decent shop, and her a friggin greenhouse garden she would never do anything with, plus my wifes family can live there for the rest of the year. :D

Incidentally, the below is the rear lamp PCB (brake and rear) for an executive car. It has 4.95W worth of led power...and 4.29W of losses in the linear regulators when car battery is 14V.......if you ask me, 4.29W of losses is too much, do you agree?
The rear/brake is the bottom circuit on the page...I did two pics as it was on A3 and I couldn't fit it all on one pic. (as you see, its 12 strings of 3-red-leds-in-series with 55mA in each string)

Also, shown is the whole circuit together, ..'stitched' together "rearlamp total"

Attachments

• rearlamp.pdf
    490.2 KB · Views: 157
  • rearlamp rhs.pdf
    443.1 KB · Views: 167
  • rearlamp total.pdf
    92.4 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
That stupid truck-thing (SUV) was ahead of me yesterday at a stoplight. Its very bright brake lights were at eye-level and blinded me. The turn signals were the same but flashed on and off.

A sage person once said, it is not the tail lights in front of me but the head lights ahead that I am concerned about.

AG, just shut one eye or look to the side.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back