Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wht is this LaTeX??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
LaTex helps you spell and write English correctly. Try it. You may want to buy a vowel or two from Vanna White while you are at it.

John

Used because this:
[LATEX]m &= \frac{m_0}{\sqrt{1-\frac{v^2}{c^2}}}[/LATEX]
is a hell of a lot easier to understand than this:
m = m0/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)

Sounds like dwijender has a LaTeX allergy...

John, your quip got a good chuckle... I've missed your participation at AAC (I use a different name there), but it looks like this forum suits you better.

Hello,

Latex is a bit of a pain but it does help in some cases where you have a complex equation to show. Takes a while to get used to all the commands for the different symbols.
I use it once it a while myself but not all the time because it definitely adds a lot of time to the time it takes to write a reply.

Never heard of it. I've wondered how people make those nice looking eqations.

To use Duffy's example, typing [LATEX]m &= \frac{m_0}{\sqrt{1-\frac{v^2}{c^2}}}[/LATEX], results in

[LATEX]m &= \frac{m_0}{\sqrt{1-\frac{v^2}{c^2}}}[/LATEX]

Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, if you have a long text to show it is better to write it in paper, scan and show. No tries.

I said "maybe", eh?

Hi atferrari,

Yeah that is often faster, and also what else works is to draw it in a bitmap file using the mouse and then simply posting the bitmap picture after changing to a .gif file. It takes up very little space that way too, and you can draw the schematic right on the same page.
Latex is pretty cool though, and i find that once you start to get used to it it gets a little easier, but there's so much to know so i end up looking up stuff for it all the time when i go to use is anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back