wht is this LaTeX??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
LaTex helps you spell and write English correctly. Try it. You may want to buy a vowel or two from Vanna White while you are at it.

John

Used because this:
[LATEX]m &= \frac{m_0}{\sqrt{1-\frac{v^2}{c^2}}}[/LATEX]
is a hell of a lot easier to understand than this:
m = m0/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)

Sounds like dwijender has a LaTeX allergy...

John, your quip got a good chuckle... I've missed your participation at AAC (I use a different name there), but it looks like this forum suits you better.

Hello,

Latex is a bit of a pain but it does help in some cases where you have a complex equation to show. Takes a while to get used to all the commands for the different symbols.
I use it once it a while myself but not all the time because it definitely adds a lot of time to the time it takes to write a reply.

To use Duffy's example, typing [LATEX]m &= \frac{m_0}{\sqrt{1-\frac{v^2}{c^2}}}[/LATEX], results in

[LATEX]m &= \frac{m_0}{\sqrt{1-\frac{v^2}{c^2}}}[/LATEX]

Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, if you have a long text to show it is better to write it in paper, scan and show. No tries.

I said "maybe", eh?

Hi atferrari,

Yeah that is often faster, and also what else works is to draw it in a bitmap file using the mouse and then simply posting the bitmap picture after changing to a .gif file. It takes up very little space that way too, and you can draw the schematic right on the same page.
Latex is pretty cool though, and i find that once you start to get used to it it gets a little easier, but there's so much to know so i end up looking up stuff for it all the time when i go to use is anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…