Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who would I talk to about PM10's???

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
Ok common knowledge i got a thing for diesel engines and bio diesel. But diesel is nasty and makes alot of PM10's (particle matter of 10 micron or less), this **** gets into your blood stream via the lungs because of its size.

Filtration devices etc have been trialed and all suffer the same problem... they block pretty quickly

Messing with something totally different in my chem lab, I stumbled on something. now i dont yet have a electron microscope (cant find all the bits to make one yet). So I cant prove beyond dobt, but knowing the size of what i was using etc I am 99.9999999% I could filter out PM down to 2micron without blocking anything for a extremely long time. yes its a kind of filter but nothing like you normally consider a filter.

it would be ultra cheap to make and in all honesty should last 10-15 years before it would need replacing....

Does it work?? Yes it works, I know it works because of some of the properties of PM10's mean i cant see any way it cant work.

I dont want/cant afford to patent anything, and i wouldnt want to patent it anyway.

But who the hell do i talk to about this? The idea is really simple the material used is cheap, but clever because i modified it to do something totally unrelated. Its only after it failed to do what i wanted that i noticed what it had actually done...

I dont want to give this away but equally a cheap scan with a electron microscope would prove it works 100%, so where do i do with an idea like this?

yes got it thanks, I will explain in pm in more detail how it works, but might be easier to do it via secure website (woltalb). In the reply i sent you can see why i am reluctant to say much in public. Last time really hurt, not the money but the credit side could have really helped me jobwise etc in the future

Mods dont close this yet, I got a feeling i might have a car related question to ask in this thread :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back