Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who is expert in piezoelectric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if you do it right when you are done with the FYP you will be the expert.

Piezoelectric effect is a pretty broad term with many applications. I would start by defining the effect going back to its origin. Then place a focus on an application such as a piezoelectric accelerometer and how they are used. A simple example would be the measurement of shock and vibration as detected on an aircraft jet engine. The list of applications is endless.

You need to sit down and stare at a blank piece of white paper and outline your objectives and what you want to present.

Ron

My final year project was to build a 1000V dry cell battery. I used a heating element inside a vacuum chamber to vaporise different metals, these then coated paper. I cut the paper into squares and stacked them cathode to anode. I ended up holding a 1000V battery between my fingers, the current was of course tiny.

I didn't have any choice in the project. The Dr. overseeing the project had experience of the technique and guided me along.

My final year project was to build a 1000V dry cell battery. I used a heating element inside a vacuum chamber to vaporise different metals, these then coated paper. I cut the paper into squares and stacked them cathode to anode. I ended up holding a 1000V battery between my fingers, the current was of course tiny.

I didn't have any choice in the project. The Dr. overseeing the project had experience of the technique and guided me along.

Am I missing something here?.

I thought the entire idea of a FYP was for the STUDENT to come up with an idea, and to complete that project.

Having the project assigned, and helped with, seems rather pointless?.

I studied physics at a highly regarded English Univerisity. I'm not sure why the project work sounds pointless, it was a very difficult degree.

I'd say leaving the student to choose the project and go it alone would be pointless.

For example what if the student choses a project and the university doesn't have the right equipment? What if the student comes up against a difficult problem and the doctor can't solve the problem either?

Last edited:
I studied physics at a highly regarded English Univerisity. I'm not sure why the project work sounds pointless, it was a very difficult degree.

I'd say leaving the student to choose the project and go it alone would be pointless.

For example what if the student choses a project and the university doesn't have the right equipment? What if the student comes up against a difficult problem and the doctor can't solve the problem either?

I rather thought that was the point? - it's for the student to prove how good he is, not just to prove how good his professors are.

Sorry about your project, but it sounds pretty tedious more than anything else - and what did it prove apart from your ability to follow instructions, and a certain amount of manual dexterity?.

On another website's forum, the OP wanted to used a piezo lighter clicked about one time per second to input an energy harvesting system. The input is about 10,000V at a few fA and its output was supposed to extend the discharge time of the battery in a cell phone that uses tens and hundreds of mA. I don't think it will do anything.

Somebody mentioned that the cheap lighter is designed to be clicked a few times per week, not continuously.

If a piezo transducer is continuously flexed (there was an article that used one in a shoe) or used as a microphone then an energy harvesting system might power a low current watch, not help charge a cell phone's battery. The transducer in the shoe drives an expensive energy harvesting IC that charges a single AA Ni-Cad battery cell over a very long charging time to power an MP3 player.

If you don't know anything about it, then why pick it as a FYP?.

my purpose of FYP is to let student to have their own research on some subject.

i found out this piezoelectric is intersting. so i wonder who is expert in this subject. so i can ask him faster than go to do some research. sometime research is good but then pointless if spend too much of time, internet is so good but then too many junk information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back