Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who does prototyping boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyndham

Ignorance is bliss, so I'll as a blissfull question. Is it possible to send a schematic to a XYZ co and have a fuctional prototype made?(assuming the diagram is right)
I thought I saw some thing like this in an ad awhile back but may have thought it was just a PCB board layout.
Thanks Wyndham

You mean send the schematic? Or the layout? No one is going to sit around and look at your schematic and lay it out for you...not only that schematics have no footprint information. It was probably for the PCB layout.

Last edited:
Well I would assume it's perfectly possible?, but it's going to be VERY expensive (certainly hundreds, and perhaps thousands of dollars) - you really don't want to be paying people to do your design work for you.

How complex is the circuit?

I'll do it but I want a £500 set up fee, and even then it depends on whether I actually want to do the job or not.

I guess that I was wondering if robotics had come to the point of stuffing prototype boards at a few $100 a board. must have misread the ad. Think it was a company called rabbit. Sometimes I read more into something than is there. Must not be shuffling a full deck today. Wyndham

there are companies out there that do this but usually for a prototype run - 10s to 100s of units. the set up fees are what will kill the quantity 1 run. Figure at least $1000 for 1. and dont forget, this presumes you got the schematic 100% correct - a somewhat tall order.

You are better off designing the board (or getting it designed - I raise my hand on that one...), having proto quantities of the PCB made and then stuffing it yourself (or hire some one to do that). Since you will likely have to debug it, I suggest you do stuff it yourself. and no, that wasn't a rude joke...

WOW Hero, I charge that just to get out of bed in the morning............And yes I am a prototype tech.............

Wndham,
How complex is your project? For example can you give me a list of the IC's.
No need to give a schematic at this point. I can get an idea how complex it
is just from the IC's.
I may be able to help you, and it may not cost as much as others have stated.
I have built more prototypes than I have keep track of.

Thanks for the offer, not really a project yet but glad to hear from folks that can help if it come in. Wyndham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back