Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who can explain more on this circuit....pls help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R1, C1 & IC1a provide Power On reset. IC2 & 3 are counters. IC2 has an ocsillator - the timing is set by R2, R3 & C2.

Sw1 selects the time delay. IC1c modulates the buzz.

Last edited:
Now I've had more time to study the circuit.

IC2 divides the oscillator frequency by 128. IC3 counts this frequency and when the count reaches the point set by Sw1, the output of IC1c starts pulsing at the oscillator rate. IC1d inverts these pulses and, when high, Q1 is turned on thus activating the buzzer. The pulses via R4 and D1 eventually discharge C1 thus causing the counters to be reset. Thus the timing starts again.

ljcox said:
Now I've had more time to study the circuit.

IC2 divides the oscillator frequency by 128. IC3 counts this frequency and when the count reaches the point set by Sw1, the output of IC1c starts pulsing at the oscillator rate. IC1d inverts these pulses and, when high, Q1 is turned on thus activating the buzzer. The pulses via R4 and D1 eventually discharge C1 thus causing the counters to be reset. Thus the timing starts again.

what do you mean that IC2 divides the oscillator frequency by 128?

drinalds said:
what do you mean that IC2 divides the oscillator frequency by 128?
If the oscillator frequency was say 1000 Hz, then the output would be 1000/128 = 7.8 Hz

So if you want say 1 second increments, then set the oscillator to 128 Hz so the output will be 1 Hz. Then Sw1 will allow you to chose the delay in 1 sec increments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back