Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

white/pink noise generator on a 9v supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

redepoch7

Is there a way to make a super simple white noise generator on a 9volt supply?

I noticed as well that most of the schematics (which were mostly 12 volts) had a dual supply. Is there a way to avoid that and still get the random white noise (pseudo-random is fine too)?

I don't really want to muck with the +/-9v because I don't really understand it.

Any help you could give would be great.

no sooner did I post this...

**broken link removed**
An audio noise generator capable of driving earphones or small speakers

And... I just threw it on a bread board... pure as the driven snow (audio snow that is).

I have no idea what the wave-form looks like or how good of a design this is but hey... it's a start.

I want add a sample and hold circuit to it so I can get a bunch of random boops and beeps.

Again, no idea if I am even on the right track but at least it's a start.

Any thoughts or ideas?

The lousy old LM324 has such a poor high frequency response that the two in series, each with a voltage gain of 50 in that circuit will cut high frequencies at the output above only 5kHz. Audio goes up to 20kHz so two octaves are missing.

This was the only solution I could find.

Should I substitute the LM324 for something else using a variation on this schematic?

I would use a much better TL072 dual opamp or TL074 quad opamp that have a bandwidth to 40kHz when the gain is 50. Two in series have a bandwidth to 20kHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back