Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

White LED strip for car

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasrana

Hi,

I plan to put a white strip of LEDs just above the registration plate of my car. Any idea how to make a strip of LEDs to run on 12v.

The strip should not short circuit during rain or washing!

Looking forward

If you are using HIGH-bright 5mm white LEDs, these LEDs drop 3.2v to 3.6v and require 20mA current.
This means you can put 3 in series with an 82R 0.25watt resistor.

You can now put as many LEDs around the number plate as you like by making strings of 3-LEDs.

To make the whole assembly "water-tight" you can cover the wiring with clear silicon sealant, but since the voltage is very low, dirt and water will not cause any problems.

high quality Chinese karaoke songs

Hello, I am new to this forum, and this is a electronic forum, I think it can help me a lot, Now my job is closely linked with electronic products. But i am not very familiar with them.like the **broken link removed** and the Consumer Electronics and Accessories Wholesale - Gizmograbber, all these things bother me a lot, who can tell me something about the these products based your knowlege?

Last edited:
raissazhou: please post your own separate enquiry.

We will not answer you in this posting.

Last edited:
Are you putting the LEDs around your number plate?

If so, just use a small width of veroboard and glue it to a plastic sheet of perspex. This will be the cheapest method.

Join the LEDs on the individual pieces with tinned copper wire or short lengths of flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back