Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

White LED driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziddik

Hi..

I am trying to build a circuit using an LDR and timer-555 ic, the circuit is intended to turn on 10 white LEDs when it gets dark and i wish to power the circuit using a 3.7v battery, but the problem i am facing is the output(pin 3) of 555 cannot drive 10 white LEDs In their full power! But LEDs can glow in their full power when i connect them directly to 3.7v battery!! Are there any ideas or circuits to light the LEDs in their full power? (maybe a transistor amplifer?).

The posted circuit have some errors that it turns on leds in daylight instead of darkness..so i fixed them by changing the LDR and VR in opposite

Attachments

• automatic%20street%20light.jpg
    automatic%20street%20light.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 205
A npn transistor would be all you need, and a resistor between the 555 output and the base pin of the transistor (maybe around 1K)

10 x 30mA = 300mA so a transistor rated at 0.5 - 1 amp would do fine.

Pete.

A npn transistor would be all you need, and a resistor between the 555 output and the base pin of the transistor (maybe around 1K)

10 x 30mA = 300mA so a transistor rated at 0.5 - 1 amp would do fine.

Pete.

thanx pete.. When i tried bc548 the LEDs worked in full power but glows in opposite mode(leds turn on when light falls on LDR instead of darkness)..so i tried a PNP transistor then it worked as same as it worked before without a transistor.. I have no idead what to do..

Maybe i don't know how to connect a transistor, can u post a circuit showing how to connect a transistor in this circuit?

Last edited:
hi Z,
Try swapping over the LDR and 50Kpot, add the 10K

Attachments

• automatic%20street%20light.jpg
    automatic%20street%20light.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 148
hi Z,
Try swapping over the LDR and 50Kpot, add the 10K

hi eric

i tried to fix the circuit as you said, but its still in opposite mode! So i think i have connected the transistor in a wrong way.. Here is a picture of how i connected the LEDs.. May be a worst pic bcuz i drew it using my mobilephone

Attachments

• Led.I.jpg
    Led.I.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 179
You could try a simple transistor inverter by using 2 transistors, like this.

Pete.

Attachments

• Transistor inverter.JPG
    Transistor inverter.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back