Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

white and -or pink noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

topend

I would like to build a white or pink noise project to help my sleeping with my tinnitus. I did find a very simple diagram here but would like something I can have some control over and can be hooked to a speaker, help anyone??
Peter.

You could tune an FM radio between stations. You can make a white noise generator with a PIC like this one. It can also be done using shift-registers fed back with an XOR gate like **broken link removed** but the PIC requires fewer parts.

A zener diode or backwads connected transistor makes white noise that can be amplified.
A little LM386 power amplifier can be connected for a voltage gain of 200 which might be enough. A single transistor can amplify the noise more.

**broken link removed**
No.
This is the correct address:
**broken link removed**

It uses the avalanche breakdown of the reverse-biased emitter-base junction of a silicon transistor (about 7V) as a noise source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back