Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which type of antenna is this? Details please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

The cordless phone using this type of antenna is communicating more than 20-30KM here. Its main engine is 2sc1971. So I think It is directional and better than vertical dipole.may be has higher gain. Any details... do you have?

Attachments

• Cordless Ant.jpg
    Cordless Ant.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 345
That is not an antenna, it satan's trident!

The picture is not clear, but it looks like a vertical with ground plane, not directional.

What frequency is the cordless phone?

It is a 1/4 lambda vertical driven element with a radial ground-plane. Slight amount of onmi-directional gain over isotropic. This one is resonant on three different bands; each vertical rod resonates on a different frequency.

I like the satan's trident version better. Either that; or a version of Poseidon's Trident. I wish I've heard that during college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back