Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which pic has a big flash program memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amindzo

Hi,
i have written a program about 1000 lines and it's hex file is more than 4k so i can't use 16F873A but i use 16F877A.so i have these two questions:
1- if my program is being more than 8K what should i do?

2- i used 16F877A instead of 16F873A. but i just need 28 pin micro so i have
alot of extra pin.so it is effect on the cost of the project because an engineer should do the project with less cost.so whould i do for this?

i'm really sorry for the two same threads.i don't know how can i delete one of them?

Last edited:
amindzo said:
Hi,
i have written a program about 1000 lines and it's hex file is more than 4k so i can't use 16F873A but i use 16F877A.so i have these two questions:

Do you mean the HEX file, as stored on disk, is larger than 4K?, because the HEX file is a number of times larger than the actual machine code it contains. For 4K of machine code the HEX file will probably be more than 10K in size.

Assuming you're writing in assembler (you don't mention what it's written in), then 1000 lines generates about 1000 words of machine code, as each instruction is a single byte.

1- if my program is being more than 8K what should i do?

Make it smaller!. Presumably you are aware of the memory paging the PIC uses?, each 2K is a page, and you need to switch pages when calling subroutines etc.

2- i used 16F877A instead of 16F873A. but i just need 28 pin micro so i have
alot of extra pin.so it is effect on the cost of the project because an engineer should do the project with less cost.so whould i do for this?

Why use the 16F877 then?, the 16F876 is a 28 pin device (identical to the 16F873), but has the same memory as the 16F877.

i'm really sorry for the two same threads.i don't know how can i delete one of them?

Already deleted!.

Hi,
i have written the program in picbasic.i use micro code studio picbasic2.41.my program was about 6355 word.my freind work with AVR microcontrollers and these microcontrollers have 32K program memory(ATMega32). do we have sth like this in pic?

Last edited:
This really isn't something you should need to ask on a forum.

Like any manufacturer, Microchip lists information about their products on their website, so you should look there. The following site is ONE mouse click away from their main homepage, and allows you to search for PICs by how much memory they have, or pin count as in your other question, or a number of other parameters:
**broken link removed**

Based on 30 seconds of looking there, there are some PICs with as much as 128KB, ie 64K words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back