Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which PIC do I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you believe after only a week I've already used an 'overload' function? I didn't even realize that was a new feature. Very cool!

Mike

Code:
//  function prototypes

void PutLCD(unsigned char ptype, unsigned char pbyte);
void PutLCD(rom char *pdata);

//
//  example ->  PutLCD("K8LH Clock");
//
void PutLCD(rom char *pdata)
{
  char n = 0;                    //
  char temp;                     //
  while(temp = pdata[n++])       //
    PutLCD(dat,temp);            //
}

Guess I'd better get off here and get some work done! :D

Thanks for all the advice guys. Got myself some 16f628's and going to start learning on those, and I will take a look at the different compilers mentioned.

Txs again
Magen

Hola Mike,

I know nothing about C.

What the "overload" function does?

Intrigued.

Hola Mike,

I know nothing about C.

What the "overload" function does?

Intrigued.
Aparently not enough to look it up :)
Try this https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/database/RHDB-7.1.3-Manual/prog/xfunc-overload.html

For the most part what it means is that you can have several functions with the same name and the compiler tells them apart by the number and types of paramets used in the call. Also see function signature.

A function's signature is a combination of the function's name; the number, order, and types of its parameters; as well as any qualifiers that can be applied to the function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back