Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which motor for larger robots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moneer81

hey,

I do have a little bit of experience with smaller robots that use servos and are controlled by a BS2. For my next project I am interested in building a bigger robot. I was wondering about what kind of motor would that robot need? Would I need something like a bigger DC motor or a stepper motor or what? and how would I drive that motor? can the BS2 control such motors? any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. thanks

i'm going to use car windscreen wiper motors. also you can use electric window motors. they have enough unf to get a wery big bot moving, maybe even with you on it ;)

that's what I actually thought of. But you know I heard that windshield wiper motors or window motors are very power-hungry.

so how are you gonna control these motos? can you control them with a microcontroller, like a BS2 for example?

i use transistors that drive CAR relays. those relays are originaly driving this ******* in the car. just 2$ for a relay. i know it costs a but too much, but no need for a heatsink or something like that and it's guaranteed to work ;). only problen why my project is at a standstill is powersuply. i have no place to get those amps. i have no spare carbattery in hand ;).

also if you wans something that draws less current you can try cordless drill motors. those are running at 12V also (but drill only gives it 7.2V as far as i know). when you buy 2 sets ot those you get batterys also with it so your lifew is again a bit easyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back