Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which method would you use with A PIC UART & RS485 chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the second method (without 10K resistor) in my schematics and as much as it works I wonder why no pullup or pulldown resistor is used when RE pin2 is pulled high. The datasheets indicate this floats the RO pin1 and I wonder how a PIC UARTs RX pin is affected?

I could simply ground the RE pin as in the top MAX483 (and maybe that's the right way)

Comments?

Attachments

• which485.png
    which485.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 594
Re: Which method would you use with A PIC UART & RS485 c

William At MyBlueRoom said:
Comments?
I'm sorry that I don't have anything to answer your question about the serial chips, but I must say, that is a very nice looking technical diagram ... call-outs with drop shadows, and a big blue star in the corner! :D

what software are you using, is that Visio?

oh, btw, you have a typo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back