Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which MCU + BT/BLE for heart rate and ECG monitoring (from TI ADS1293)

Status
Not open for further replies.

victus

I am working on a portable wireless heart monitor with Bluetooth interface. The idea is to measure ECG signals for at least 1 day straight and then transmit data to the Android device. According to my research I believe that TI's ADS family would probably be the most suitable for my case, specifically ADS1293, which is in short all-in-one ECG chip.

I am now searching for a suitable microcontroller with Bluetooth capability which would acquire the signals from ADS1293, save them to external flash memory and then transfer them to the phone over BT/BLE. The original idea was to work with Arduino, but then I came across SoC TI CC2640. It obviously looks really suitable for my case at first glance since it's dimensions are small and it also has low power consumption, but so does Nordic nRF52832. I've already searched all related forums for comparison between these two and people seem to prefer **broken link removed** a bit more over CC2640. However, TI already has a very similar project design like mine here. Code is already provided, but the project is designed with CC2541, which is not compatible with CC2640 though, but I suppose that this would still help with coding.

Since I basically don't have any previous experience with these platforms, I was wondering which MCU+BT/BLE would you recommend to me? An important factor here is also that the development process should be as cheap as possible since I am a student, so the price of debuggers, development boards and software should also be taken into consideration.
Should I rather choose any other MCU e.g. like RFdroid or would you have any other recommendations? I would really prefer a well supported MCU for faster development process and quicker learning curve.

Thanks for help and any suggestions in advance.

I am working on a portable wireless heart monitor with Bluetooth interface. The idea is to measure ECG signals for at least 1 day straight and then transmit data to the Android device. According to my research I believe that TI's ADS family would probably be the most suitable for my case, specifically ADS1293, which is in short all-in-one ECG chip.

I am now searching for a suitable microcontroller with Bluetooth capability which would acquire the signals from ADS1293, save them to external flash memory and then transfer them to the phone over BT/BLE. The original idea was to work with Arduino, but then I came across SoC TI CC2640. It obviously looks really suitable for my case at first glance since it's dimensions are small and it also has low power consumption, but so does Nordic nRF52832. I've already searched all related forums for comparison between these two and people seem to prefer **broken link removed** a bit more over CC2640. However, TI already has a very similar project design like mine here. Code is already provided, but the project is designed with CC2541, which is not compatible with CC2640 though, but I suppose that this would still help with coding.

Since I basically don't have any previous experience with these platforms, I was wondering which MCU+BT/BLE would you recommend to me? An important factor here is also that the development process should be as cheap as possible since I am a student, so the price of debuggers, development boards and software should also be taken into consideration.
Should I rather choose any other MCU e.g. like RFdroid or would you have any other recommendations? I would really prefer a well supported MCU for faster development process and quicker learning curve.

Thanks for help and any suggestions in advance.
If you want a done solution or copy a solution you can use/copy this it includes the phone app!

https://www.silabs.com/Support Documents/TechnicalDocs/Biometric-EXP-EVB-UG.pdf

or this

**broken link removed**

You will need to search around the unfriendly site, but they do a micro board that does what you want and more as I have seen it. start here **broken link removed**

I am working on a portable wireless heart monitor with Bluetooth interface.
You and every other student on this planet. For some reason the heart monitor seems real popular. Maybe all the free source code available for the HRM.'

You and every other student on this planet. For some reason the heart monitor seems real popular. Maybe all the free source code available for the HRM.'

And the truth is that heart monitor is not an easy project. The signal is so weak. To design the circuit and software from scratch you need to know a lot. I wonder if the teachers test their students projects by asking question about it.

And the truth is that heart monitor is not an easy project. The signal is so weak. To design the circuit and software from scratch you need to know a lot. I wonder if the teachers test their students projects by asking question about it.

The people who actually do their own design are rare and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back