Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which LEDs are good in daylight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
go with yellow-green or just green

those colors lie in the peak sensitivity region for human vision, although if you want something to be noticed, blue is very eye catching, even though it is one of the colors our eyes are least sensitive to.

Along the lines of nigel's comment, bright ones, the 1W LEDs from lumiled are incredibly bright and will catch attention. Unless there's gonna be a lot of them then the $2.00-$3.00 price tag might get expensive depending on how many you are using. If I were you, I would use the 1W emitter, rather than getting the 1W star, as they cost around an extra dollar for the heatsink. You could mount the emitters to aluminum and save some money. Of course you'll have to decide for yourself. Just don't run the emitter at full power without a heatsink, it'll burn up.

check 'em out at lumileds.com

Yea those should be quite visuble.

In trafic they put leds in to holes.This reduces wiwing angle but also prevens sun iluminating them.They use superbright orange,white and yelow leds

Oh and nice avatar zach hehe

Yea white leds are prety expensive they cost about the same as blue ones.Its aculy s blue led whith a phosphor coat.

You might try looking here **broken link removed**
if you need a lot of leds cheap.They have anything from a standard 5mm led to a luxeon.

William At MyBlueRoom said:
Those 10c DOT yellow look great, but 1000hrs operating life? Isn't that short for an LED?

where did you see 1000hr operating life? depending on your thermal design, I'd expect these LEDs to operate at least 25000 hrs, if not more. Also you have to consider being outdoors, the junction will be exposed to strong UV radiation (unless you provide some sort of filter) - this eventually will ruin them as well.

oh, i see where you found the 1000 hr, that is under test data - they performed certain tests for a duration of 1000 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back