Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Laptop to choose from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abigail

I'm very confuse right now on which one to choose from. Both cost the same and the only differences are LCD 17" and 15" inch and one comes with Quad and the other with I7.

Should I upgrade:
1) The ram to 6GB or 8GB or stay 4GB
2) For M17x processor to Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme Mobile Processor QX9300 (2.53GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 12MB Cache)

or

3) For M15x processor to Intel® Core™ I7-920XM Mobile Processor Extreme Edition (2GHz, turbo up to 3.2GHz, 8MB L3 Cache)

I'm not much of a hard core gamer but I do wish to have an Alienware for my own.

Please give me recommendations about these two different spec. Any advices on upgrade or suggestions will be taken seriously.

M15x Spec
- Metallic Space Black Base
- Intel® Core™ I7-820QM Mobile Processor (1.73GHz, turbo up to 3.06GHz, 8MB L3 Cache)
- 4GB Dual-channel 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 2GB)
- 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Slot Load Fixed Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive
- 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M

M17x Spec
- Metallic Space Black Base
- Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Processor Q9100 (2.26GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 12MB Cache)
- 4GB Dual-channel 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 2GB)
- 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Slot Load Fixed Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive
- Single 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M

Thanks for all your help.

The M17 has more Cache memory, that shouldn't be overlooked. As far as the one CPU vs the other you'll have to check tomshardware (a good review site) or another review site for benchmarks of the two chips. I would lean toward the Core 2 Quad myself as I think they're just damn good chips, but that's also cause I know absolutly nothing about the I7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back