Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is better TDA8551 or TDA7315 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish12

I was made audiometer using dac and digital atttenator [ some resi. and ic 4051 ].
But that ckt is bulky need + - supply .
Now i go for battery operated a.meter for that i am using r-2r for dac and for digital att i am thinking to use TDA8551 / TDA7315 i already used TDA7315 but for small size i want to go with TDA8551.
I actually ever not used TDA8551.
What is you suggestion.
Thank you for reply.

The 7315 is a pre-amp stage to an amplifier (for in-car or budget hi-fi use) with serial control (64 step) volume and tone stage. The 8551 is a 1W audio amplifier with a 64 stage step up/down attenuator at its input (with no memory).

If you are just after a digitally controlled attenuator try something designed for the job (e.g. Maxim / Dallas both offer 64 - 256 stage pots with NV memory, up/down or serial control). Combine that with a decent headphone amp and you are away with better results. If you need the tone controls as well, stick with the 7315, or National & Maxim both have some good alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back