Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which ic is this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdan1234

hello there people ;
i am new to electronics .

i dont know if this question fits to be in this category .

i am copying a circuit of a UPS that runs on external lead acid battery.
it has an ic on it...the manufacturer has removed the initials written on the ic , leaving me no way to find out which ic is this ????

is there any way i can find out which IC is this ???

sincerely
dr.dan

Well, what are the specs on the circut you have. What is it rated for? I would assume that it is just a basic voltage regulator, it has 3 pins right? There are quite a few different kinds. It could be a LM317, LM338, LM7085C. They all have slightly different ratings so that would narrow it down.

Mike

some pics of the circuit to help you help me .

here are some pics of the circuit.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

full body with transformer and transistor plates ;

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Swell pics, but which chip is the regulator? How many legs does it have? Stuff like that.

I am guessing lower right beside the V on the board. The chip (14 pin) less any markings. That is my guess anyway.

Ron

I don't know if it is because the 14 pin chip is bigger and it caught all of your attention but it looks like also the 2 eight pins chips at the bottom have been grinded down.

Mike

I don't know if it is because the 14 pin chip is bigger and it caught all of your attention but it looks like also the 2 eight pins chips at the bottom have been grinded down.

Mike

Well I do believe you called it. Never noticed them and yes, I see nothing on them either. There is really no easy way to know or see what these chips are. Short of a schematic which obviously doesn't exist for the end user.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back