Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which computer programs are best for electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulot

Hello i'ld like to know which computer electronic programs are best for a beginner or generally the best

Sorry about that.
Am asking about programs for circuit design and what ever else there is but basically what a beginner needs to concern himself with for now.

Multisim is a good simulator but it is not free and expensive. But you may try out the demo version with some limited function such as cant save.

Switcher CAD III is a great sim program. If you're looking for a digital sim program, it's not good though. If you do oscillation, rf, etc. it's great. And best of all its totally free w/ no restrictions. I think the website is linear.com . . . if not, just google for Switcher CAD III.

Here's another positive comment for SwitcherCAD III. https://www.linear.com/software/

Also, it will run under Wine for Linux no problem.

If you want to do circuitboards as well, I'm kinda partial to the CircuitMaker/TraxMaker package, even though it's not necessarily a great program. It works good enough, and they have it at my school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back