Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which bit specify the opcode , source , destination , and addressing mode ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

hello ,

I need help to understand how does instruction fetch , decode and execute

Code:
ORG 000
MOV A,#55H ;load immediate value 55H into reg. A
MOV R0,A  ; move the content of A into R0
END

CODE Memory
Code:
74 55 F8

Code:
ADDRESS                                          Value
0000= 0000000000000000           74= 01110100
0001= 0000000000000001           55= 01010101
0002= 0000000000000010           F8= 11111000

Processor read Byte from Program memory at the address indicate by program then it start to decode and execute the instruction

MOV A,#55= 01110100 01010101 double byte instruction
MOV R0, A = F8= 11111000 single byte instruction

suppose we have 8 wires that tell the other part of processor to activate or deactivate
suppose we have opcode 74= 01110100 ; that tell, Do mov Operation and activate Accumulator. here I don't understand how many wire tell that do mov operation , how many wire tell that activate Accumulator ?

74=01110100

I am reading 8051 instruction set I don't understand which bit specify the opcode , source , destination , and addressing mode ?

hello Wade Hassler,
I have stopped working. I will come back But I don't know exact time, there are many people who always encourage me, always try to help me even I post stupid post. and Some people make me feel useless , stupid.
vead
Don't think like that... You can't ask stupid question... I really wish I could help you more, but to do that I would have to learn it myself.... I find your posts interesting and there are one or two that do answer... Your topic is very low level stuff, Its very hard to design a processor core ( rather you than me )...

You have 89 views already, so there are many others waiting for the same answers... Some do not ask those questions and will be so glad that you do!!

vead
Don't think like that... You can't ask stupid question... I really wish I could help you more, but to do that I would have to learn it myself.... I find your posts interesting and there are one or two that do answer... Your topic is very low level stuff, Its very hard to design a processor core ( rather you than me )...

You have 89 views already, so there are many others waiting for the same answers... Some do not ask those questions and will be so glad that you do!!
Hello Ian
I like your way of communication and teaching methods. I seen in your every comment You always motivated me , You always tell me about positive thinking. also there are many members they always help me , they always try to give their best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back