Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where's Space Varmint and his doom-n-gloom news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTech

It's the start of a new year and while many of us hope for successes and good things to happen, I got to wondering what cave Space Varmint has been hiding in? With oil prices on the rise again, Israel/Hamas conflict, Russia shutting off natural gas supplies to Europe, global unemployment on the rise, investors getting bilked by the billion$, etc. I expected him to start a thread on Nostradamus' predictions for 2009 or something similar. Where are you, buddy? ;)

I heard a rumour that he got hit by a meteor. But it was just a rumour.

Mike.
BTW, Nostradamus hasn't been wrong yet!!:eek:!

He is hard at work suppressing his carrier and unwanted sideband and generally splattering all over the electromagnetic spectrum.

JimB

He is hard at work suppressing his carrier and unwanted sideband and generally splattering all over the electromagnetic spectrum.

JimB

I think you are right Jim and he has probably made first contact !

It appears that the aliens did not make a perfect clone to replace him. THey left out an important detail as he is still posting in the other forums but has none of the aformentioned type of posts in this forum.

I miss that varmit.... about like you miss me, I suppose.

There was a fellow steven I think was his tag over at electronicslab that was building a gravity detector to find UFOs. He also drank Colloidal Silver.

I just use a large rock when I want to check for gravity:D

The gravity detector was just a noisy lousy old opamp with no AC feedback so its gain at low frequencies is about 200,000. It amplified its own noise and the microphonic vibrations of the capacitor to ground at its input.

I remember Steven. His exchanges with AudioGuru were priceless.h

I just use a large rock when I want to check for gravity:D
I usually use my wallet as a test instrument for checking gravity. At the beginning of each month it weighs quite heavily in my back pocket. The last few days of that month, it seems near weightless.
The rock is a good idea too but I'd suggest wearing steel-toed boots when conducting that particular test. A shovel full of heavy, wet snow is also a good indicating instrument, but that can result in several visits to a chiropractor.

I like the link to D:\Gravity and Gravity Wave Monitoring.htm for all to see it. :D Wonder how that worked for everyone.

And also agree with Andy on the gravity test, a rock easy to find. Maybe car keys or a coin too.

EDIT: I miss the mestechka or something like that. I woke up with a smile everyday just waiting to read Nigel's replies to him. I bet if Nigel read them now, even he would laugh. But I doubt he laughed back then.

Last edited:
Mstechca has been asking questions about his randomly constructed super-regen "radio" on a few other electronics chat forums lately. It receives the audio from a very stong TV station close to him but cannot receive local FM stations. It interferes with his mother's TV.

Another guy (from India) recently made a super-regen "radio" (The RadioShack Special) and posted very distorted Indian music (?) recorded from the radio on another forum.

Walters (but he uses other names) still asks millions of questions on two other forums. The same questions on both.

I think Walters is trying to learn about electronic test equipment so he can be an electronics repair man.
But he doen't know the difference between a resistor and a capacitor or between Volts and ANTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back