Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come from Brooklyn, New York (USA)
Yay, I was born in Brooklyn and lived in the Park Slope section for a number of years before moving "out on the island". :)

Ron

I'm from Williamsburg (North Brooklyn)

I too lived on Long Island (Central Islip) but I came back after I retired.

conditions down here are not half as bad the news makes it to appear.

That is certainly a vague endorsement. Does your "half as bad" comment mean actual conditions are half-way between how the press reports them and acceptable. Or half-way between what the media reports and 5-star luxury accommodations?

My bad, the conditions are only 42.87% worse than reported. Is this accurate enough?

You know very well what I meant. That “half as bad” is a figure of speech, not an actual value.

Take my post as casual information only, I am not making political statements here.

I enjoyed the soft yet sporty ride on my Mercedes SUV until I hit a little pothole in Toronto . creating a small bulge in my speed-rated Pirelli's Scorpion Zero A's but they were getting old so I picked up 4 new ones for $899 Cdn. Where I was raised in Winnipeg, pothole capital of Canada (I think) are like Belgium. With freeze cycles they must fill 100 thousand potholes every spring. New Zealand North had amazing roads. Wisconsin always had beautiful quiet highways with reflective stripes on the edges. US border is a breeze. and going into Mexico from San Diego was just one look and they wave you on as a solder nearby has a machine gun. But coming back , bring dinner or buy from the hawkers as you wait in line for 3 hrs to get back or look online for the best wait times. Jamaica central winding roads thru the jungle was a blast this year. But I think our next trip this fall
will be London ,, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia.

Last edited:
I love the bit about the nearby "solder" with a machine gun. The imagination reels...

Mercedes SUV until I hit a little pothole in Toronto . creating a small bulge in my speed-rated Pirelli's Scorpion Zero A's
Umm, ... ah, well, ok. If you want to call a raised sports car an SUV, that's on you. If you want to complain that 40-series tires can't handle a pothole, I don't think anyone with an engineering degree will take the time to listen.

That's me. Lockdown here. SA.
Can't earn money. Can't eat.

See around. Good bunch of people on ETO.
Best of the best.

Love you all
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back