Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to start...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I obtained a Velleman FM radio from Radio Shack, after looking over all the parts and deciding its not going to be as easy as legos I figured I would try and get educated on electronics... I'm basically a newbie and the most difficult thing I have done is build simple flash lights or rocket launchers that use Estes engines. I've seen some MAKE kits that seem to be pretty decent and a good introduction to electronics. Are they worth it? Also I'm not good at soldering(have a new Antex iron on the way) so how can I learn to do it correctly?

Recently I obtained a Velleman FM radio from Radio Shack, after looking over all the parts and deciding its not going to be as easy as legos I figured I would try and get educated on electronics... I'm basically a newbie and the most difficult thing I have done is build simple flash lights or rocket launchers that use Estes engines. I've seen some MAKE kits that seem to be pretty decent and a good introduction to electronics. Are they worth it? Also I'm not good at soldering(have a new Antex iron on the way) so how can I learn to do it correctly?

hi,
There are number of video tutorials on the web.

**broken link removed**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NU2ruzyc4

More to coose from here:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back