Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to get remote controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harril3

I apologize if this post sounds dumb; I'm not an electronics person.

I am looking for a remote control unit that can operate a 12v motor (a motor that can pull a line with less than one pound on the end at speeds up to 50 mph)...the one that I saw being used had a gun as the control handle and the trigger controlled the speed at which the motor turned. Both the gun and the machine had antennas.

When I type in remote control and any variations around this I get tons of hits on Google for things I am not looking for.

Is there a particular name for this type of remote controller unit, so I could do a more specific search or does anyone know where I could purchase something like this?

Thanks for saving me tons of google time,

Leanne

Yeah - go to a hobby shop, tell the guy you want a "brushless ESC/Motor Combo" that can run at 12V and rated for about 60A. (ESC = Electronic Speed Controller).

Plugs right into the remote control receiver. Get the kind designed for RC cars instead of planes.

You making one of those sighthound dog chaser string things?

This kind of thing -
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back