Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to get parts (tiny motors)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

julvr

I'm looking to get some small quantity (around 1000) of small dc motors, and I'm having trouble finding a good supplier. What I'm looking for are motors that are tiny (less than 8mm diameter, less than 16mm length).

I was wondering if anyone had any good contacts, or ideas where I could get something like that (I've found a few suppliers, but so far they're far from reasonable -- I got one quote for $153 per motor :eek: )

Thanks

John

Thanks -- those are much more reasonable prices. Just one question -- what exactly does the term 'vibrating motor' imply?

Thanks

John

Be wary of those, the weights look like they're press fit on, they may not be removable without damaging the motor. The one's that look like discs are completely enclosed and I don't think it's practical to modify them as normal rotating motors, I've never taken one apart though as I only have one, and it makes too nice of a vibrating motor to destroy. Keep in mind, the voltage and RPM rating on these motors can be highly variable and they are NOT ment for high speed constant use.

OK, since I'm ordering 1000 of these, weight removal is not really an option. I also need motors that are meant to run continuously (1h intervals once per day), and that can be reversed...

Does anyone know if the TPM2 can run in reverse? Does anyone know of any other motors that might be a smidgen less expensive?

Thanks

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back