Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where to get induction heater capacitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glyph

Hi everyone,

Anyone know where i can buy online a single induction heater capacitor?

As you might have guessed i'm building an induction heater.

any capacitor capable of handling 500amps at 400kHz with about 400volts will do. only ones i found are induction heater capacitors specifically designed for such a purpose but the companies only sell them in bulk.

Sorry but I wouldn't know where to start.

What value are you looking at?

Maybe the sort found in large transmitters will do.

a reasonable value would be in the range of 100nF to 2uF. I'm leaning more toward 1uF but i'll take what i can get. 2uF might be hellishly expensive.

i'm willing to accept water cooled capacitors if they only sell those.

thanks for your help.

At 400kHz Xc = 4:eek:hm: when C is 100nF so a 100nF capacitor rated at 500A & 400V is pretty impossible.:D

The capacitor has to be >500nF to be able to pass 500A at 400V.

Either way, a 500A 400V capacitor will be hellishly expensive.

the 500A at 400V is just a rough requirement. I'm willing to lower the power output of the system if i can't find a capacitor capable of handling it.

As for cost, I'll see where a couple of grand takes me. I know this is not enough to get most of the capacitors in this range but i'm willing to compromise once i know what is available to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back