Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to get a *big* flyback/LOPT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

I am thinking my best bet may be used CRT front and rear projection televisions. Would they have three individual flybacks for the RGB tubes or just one operating all three? Thanks for any help!

I am thinking my best bet may be used CRT front and rear projection televisions. Would they have three individual flybacks for the RGB tubes or just one operating all three? Thanks for any help!

They usually have just one large transformer, feeding separate A1 and focus controls for each tube.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the built-in rectifiers on flybacks? Hammer/hand saw/etc? I'm looking for HV AC at high frequency (>50kHz at least).

I'm hoping to find one from a CRT HDTV or an old style front projection CRT when they were used for computer graphics. A friend had an old 8" CRT FPTV and I think it could do 2500x2000 (although actual measured resolution was significantly less because the scan lines bled into each other before that). CRT computer monitors might be worth a try too as far as frequency but I don't think they would be as powerful as a one from a front projection model?

ETA: I looked up the unit my friend had (Barco Graphics 801) and it could scan 92kHz.

Last edited:
Here's a flyback transformer without a rectifier -

**broken link removed**

Mults-scan CRT monitor flyback transformers usually have multiple diodes hidden inside the transformer. You will not be able to remove them.

If you drive the transformer the same way a TV set does, you will not get a sign wave output. The output will be ½ sign wave at about 20% duty cycle. The positive half if the wave will be much larger then the negative half. Depending on the type of transformer, the output will look different then the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back