Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where to find 5spice subcircuit file for 555 timer ....not pspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckt-boarder

I've been looking on the web for spice files for the 555 timer. I use 5spice as my simulator, which from what I understand uses Berkley spice syntax which can be different from pspice. This is such an old chip that I know there must be a .sub circuit file out there somewhere, but all the ones I find are incompatible with 5spice.

Any ideas would be great.
thanks.

Join the LTSpice User's Group on Yahoo. They have a huge collection of various models on their "FILES" section. LTSpice works with various models, including PSpice and more generic models.

You should download LTSpice and start using that. It is INFINITELY better than any port of Berkley Spice because 99% of the convergence issues have been fixed. It has a huge user community. It is totally free.

Typical LTSpice run: The 555 model in this sim is a "behavioral" model. However, a transistor-level model is available.

Attachments

• DF59.png
    DF59.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,544
Last edited:
wow, thanks for the suggestion. LTSpice is way more intuitive than 5spice. The simulations seem to run faster, and there isn't nearly as much setup needed to watch transients. I also like the little probe tool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back