Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpalomba

Ok, I have shopped around for places to find IC's and components and I haven't really foudn too much. I found its really hard to find places. Of course Radioshack is completely out of the question. 2 bucks for an LED is hardly my idea of fair. However, the only place I have found was an online site called electronic goldmine. They have descent prices, but they selection is short and I'm sure there is probably better out there. I was wondering where everyone else bought their odds and ends from.

If you just need a few odds and ends, why don't you jusk ask hear? There are a lot of nice people hear, and I'm sure that they will not charge you $5 for a 17 cent zener diode.

Steveo

1 steveo is right, you might even post your request in the Datasheet/parts requested forum. Small parts can be mailed first class
in the U.S. for less than a dollar. If I have a part someone needs I generally put it in a padded envelope and mail it out.
Another parts house is www.mouser.com

One place I like to shop in ST. LOUIS, Missouri is https://electronics-exchange.com
They are great for the the hard stuff like "standoffs, conectors,resistors,
caps...ect". Dont expect them to look for a 5v 5amp form"c" relay, But they might go grab you Five differnt 5 volt relays, assorment of caps, and a few LED's

He is cheep too

There are several things that I do to save money. Purchasing from sources listed already is one of them. Some other ideas -
1. Network with others who have similar interests. I do that via my amateur radio clubs. I have come by large quantities of some electronics items. I pass some of this stuff along and in return other goodies find their way to my door. While this can be done via the internet I'd suggest that a local group would serve quite well.
2. Shop at flea markets - in this case, a radio amateur's flea market is called a hamfest. People from all over gather for a day or two. New equipment and products are displayed however people come to sell all the extra stuff they have. Many of the sellers have discrete components. Some vendors sell new stuff.
3. Salvage what you can from discarded electronics gear. I try to limit the use of this stuff to things I can test but it's still a way to save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back