Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilksey

Hi knowledgeable people!

Anybody know if any company supplies Broadcom products in the UK?

I have asked them direct and say they wont sell to anybody other than Tier 1, which is basically someone who buys over 1million of their products a year!

Broadcom seem one of few manufacturers that make desirable components that are not easily obtainable!

I know they use a Broadcom chip in the new Raspberry Pi which is a UK based company, albeit manufactured far east.

Any info greatly appreciated!

Regards

Wilksey

Did you try Arrow and Avnet?

Yes Duffy, at least the European subsidiaries of them anyway.

Just can't find them anywhere, I may be trying to start a losing battle!

Arrow and Avnet are the main distributors here in the US. I noticed they don't have Broadcom parts on their UK site... perhaps you could try sending them some email and inquire as to whether the omission is an oversight, or if there is an agreement not to sell...

(puts on sunglasses)

....abroadcom.

YYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Last edited:
Lol, I see you have edited your post, but why would trying to buy Broadcom products make us Brits snooty? And i'm not sure your suggestive email would convince them otherwise.
I have a meeting in a few weeks with an Avnet eu representative, mainly wireless products, but I will ask him.

Surely Avnet or Arrow aren't the ONLY distributors, even Digikey doesn't have them!!

Avnet and Arrow are the only distributors here in the US. I know both of them sell overseas, offered that as a possible solution to your problem.

Surely Avnet or Arrow aren't the ONLY distributors, even Digikey doesn't have them!!

Rather than providing a contrasting example, "even Digikey doesn't have them" makes the point that distributors for Broadcom are very limited.

I know, but Digikey are usually pretty good for hard to get components, which is why I gave that as an example.

I shall ask the Avnet and Arrow distributors in the UK. Thanks for the suggestions.

Wilksey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back