Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where to buy test equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwist

Although I've been working with electronics for school over the years, I am graduating soon and wish to learn more on my own. So where should I look for test equipment (power supplies, scopes, multimeters)?

eBay. Craigslist. Electronics shops. Check out university auctions. Sometimes larger development companies unload older equipment for a song, if you know where to look. It might not suit what they need to do anymore but for home stuff it is often more than suitable.

Torben

Torben said:
eBay. Craigslist. Electronics shops. Check out university auctions. Sometimes larger development companies unload older equipment for a song, if you know where to look. It might not suit what they need to do anymore but for home stuff it is often more than suitable.

Torben
Try Freecycling while you're at it. More of a household item sharing place, but somebody has to have old equipment that they don't want...

Don't forget to requent electronics stores that deal in "surplus" equipment, rummage sales, yard sales, flea markets, antique malls, etc. for older equipment such as tube testers, VTVMs and the like. It'll take the online auctions to find the newer stuff.

Dean

Almost forgot--check local newspapers and online listings for hamfests and robotics club meetings and gear swaps.

Torben

i second ebay and craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back