Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy pin headers with non-standard pitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msr

Hello,

Recently I bought this graphic LCD from Mouser and I didn't noticed that the pin's pitch is not standard (2.54mm/0.1inch). It's 1.5mm. I don't want to solder this LCD directly on a PCB so I'm looking for a female pin header like this, but didn't find any until now.

Do you know where can I buy pin headers with non-standard pitch?
I usually buy my electronic parts from Futurlec or Mouser. I have preference for Europe distributors but China or USA it's ok.

Thanks!

Try Digikey, if they don't have it you probably can't find it.

Build a header / socket

I've done this Several times: confronted with a connector I CANNOT buy:
> Find pins / sockets that fit
> Put a surrounding barrier on the connector
> Put a protective barrier (diaper) over/in the connector to mate to
> Spray the area with a light silicone lube
> Set as many / all mating connectors needed
> Fill the area with hot-meld (epoxy if you're Bold)
> Shave & form resulting block as new connector

It looks strange, but works. Be careful with building sockets that the filling component doesn't have the viscosity to goo up your sockets. Sometimes heatshrink barriers around the sockets is called for. Good Hunting... <<<)))

Digikeys websites parametric search will net you dozens of results. Such as these.
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=ED8064-ND

.1 inch pitch is actually standard, just not common.

Well, it would have been more helpful if you could have actually linked to a connector of the right pitch, like this one. I should have tried their parametric search.

Unfortunately, this particular piece requires a minimum order of 6,000, as do all the other 1.5mm sockets I found.

I got the parenthesis mixed up carbonzit. If the leads he has are long enough the pins can be bent to fit a standard header, all that's required is a pair of smooth nosed plyers and some patience.

I got the parenthesis mixed up carbonzit. If the leads he has are long enough the pins can be bent to fit a standard header, all that's required is a pair of smooth nosed plyers and some patience.

Can you say "kluge"?

(And no, it's not "kludge", which rhymes with "fudge", which isn't the way anybody pronounces that term.)

Can you provide a site that sells the proper pitch connector with a reasonable price? Kludge beats deadendsville anyday.

Can you provide a site that sells the proper pitch connector with a reasonable price?

No, but then, I'm not the world's expert on locating hard-to-find electronic components. Someone else may be able to provide a source.

Kludge beats deadendsville anyday.

True, I suppose. (I make a comment on the term and you still misspell it; it's "kluge", just like it's pronounced. See the Hacker's Dictionary for an explanation.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back