Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy PIC chips ?? From the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently buy from RS online but if I only want 1 or 2 chips at a time their postage costs are stupid, is there another supplier I can use whom is a bit more reasonable? I know craplins sell some PICs but they don't have a briliant range of them.

Thanks guys,

I'll check the rapidonline site out later as it doesn't want to appear at the moment. The crownhill site looks good, but the PICs I want work out @ £1 cheaper for 2 delivered but RS is next day courier and they are 1-5days, if I order 20 of them RS are £15 cheaper!! I guess there are not really any really cheap options for small orders.

I asked a friend in China to try and source some PICs cheaper but so far he has not been able to find a supplier that is much cheaper than buying from in the UK.

Crownhill and Rapid Online have given good value for me.
Rapid do free next day delivery on orders over £25 excluding vat and Crownhill have reasonable postage charges for small/light orders under £30.

Hi, I use rapid regularly (gah too many compoments around here), excellent service, next day delivery...and pretty damn cheap. You could also try some online shops on ebay..again, next day delivery and some are very cheap indeed (say 10 628A's for £4, inc delivery). Some even thrown in crystals.

Farnell have the biggest selection by far! bu tthey have a minimum order.(30 quid?)..still, pretty cheap, maybe the cheapest.

Good luck.
Blueteeth

If your going to buy 20 then just order them from Microchip. Gota be the cheapest way.

Mike.

I've looked at Microchips samples program but they wouldn't supply me with any samples as my email address was not that of a company. But it does seem that they are the cheapest supplier!!

spondootre said:
I've looked at Microchips samples program but they wouldn't supply me with any samples as my email address was not that of a company. But it does seem that they are the cheapest supplier!!

It doesn't have to be an email address for a company (because how would they know?), but it does have to be a 'proper' email address and not a hotmail one or anything.

I tried to register as a business user with an ntlworld.com email address but was refused the samples as I needed to register with a business email address. Do you know what address I could use that would work? NTLWORLD is my service provider, I suppose online free accounts wouldn't work? or should I try to find an obscure one that wouldn't be 'banned' ??

**broken link removed**

spondootre said:
I tried to register as a business user with an ntlworld.com email address but was refused the samples as I needed to register with a business email address. Do you know what address I could use that would work? NTLWORLD is my service provider, I suppose online free accounts wouldn't work? or should I try to find an obscure one that wouldn't be 'banned' ??

**broken link removed**

As it says, they don't accept generic ISP addresses, which isn't suprising - a company would hardly use one.

Domain names are cheap and easy to buy these days, buy one and use that - I have no trouble with 'winpicprog.co.uk' addresses or 'lpilsley.co.uk' addresses, but both are 'proper' addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back