Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy MAXIM IC's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

Hello, I am trying to get a hold of MAX7400 series Ic's but I am out of luck. No electronic store seems to carry MAXIM Ic's in my province. I hesitate to place an order directly through MAXIM mfg because; they pass on your personal information along with your order information to the United States military. In addition to that, they want $50 for shipping & handling. All I want is one MAX7400EPA IC, does anyone know where I can buy one?

Thanks

Frosty_47 said:
I hesitate to place an order directly through MAXIM mfg because; they pass on your personal information along with your order information to the United States military.

Right...

Anyways, ever heard of Digikey?

I was once also looking for an IC from MAXIM and could not find it at all anywhere so I asked for samples and I got them, completely for free.

I don't know if it is true that about the US army but even if yes I could not care less ... and I guess also the army does not care about someone wanting one IC...

But if that bothers you ask someone else who has no problem with it.

Petr

The only standard supplier (outside of the procurement sharks) I could find for a single unit was Newark ( https://www.newark.com/ ). The catch is it is non-stock with a 17 day lead time for a MAX7400EPA+. Cost is $6.04 (US).

dknguyen said:
Right...

Anyways, ever heard of Digikey?

Thanks

However Digikey does not have em in stock and minimum order is 50+ and thats almost $250 :(

MRCecil said:
The only standard supplier (outside of the procurement sharks) I could find for a single unit was Newark ( https://www.newark.com/ ). The catch is it is non-stock with a 17 day lead time for a MAX7400EPA+. Cost is $6.04 (US).

Plus the minimum quantity is 50+ units...

blueroomelectronics said:
Paranoia will destroy ya. Who cares anyway, are you building a missile?

Well maybe I am ( ;) ). Besides, America is already an authoritarian state, who knows what their next move will be. Let's not forget what the US (and other governments) did in the past to people like Stanley Meyer.

Frosty_47 said:

Plus the minimum quantity is 50+ units...

You're right...I didn't read all of the page...my bad.

3v0 said:
That was supposed to be a closely guarded state secret.
When I needed parts I could not reasonably buy they provided samples.

I guess Santa's midgets must have hacked CIA database and leaked the info :)

How did u request free samples?
How much did u pay for Shipping & Handling?

Have you had any better look with Newark? If not, what IC is this exactly? I have found that some ICs have equivelants from TI which are MUCH MUCH easier to source.

dknguyen said:
Have you had any better look with Newark? If not, what IC is this exactly? I have found that some ICs have equivelants from TI which are MUCH MUCH easier to source.

The IC is MAX7400, any MAX7400 or MAX7403 will do...

Frosty_47 said:
Well maybe I am ( ;) ). Besides, America is already an authoritarian state, who knows what their next move will be. Let's not forget what the US (and other governments) did in the past to people like Stanley Meyer.
Ahh Stanley Meyer, that explains everything.

Frosty_47 said:
So...you also believe in perpetual motion??

Oh...that IC. Yeah I tried getting those once too but gave up on an IMU so I didn't need them anymore. Those are hard to get. Sample from Maxim I say.

crutschow said:
So...you also believe in perpetual motion??

Seems the big three are Over-unity, UFOs & Government conspiracies

All three have active forums I'm sure. I'm willing to bet most members belong to all three.

You finally caught me ................. whhooooa ! to the Alien Government. (Did I say that out loud ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back