Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy a on off membrane switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Mize

Howdy ya'll from smoking hot San Antonio, Texas
My first post and should be an easy one.
I want a small 1/2" X 3/4" two button membrane switch which is push on, push to turn off on both switches. Its for a tactical light/laser set up on my gun.
I have momentary switches but do not like the way they work.
I have the ability to build this but not make it small enough.
Where can I buy something like this?

Thanks for you help.
Don

Last edited:
Membrane switches don't usually have enough thickness to contain the mechanicals required for what you are asking for. They are usually momentary with some relay or solid state logic added to provide the on/off function.

"Membrane" switches are just that, a fixed contact and a flexible contact. Perhaps, if you explained your application we could see it there is indeed "something out there" that would function as a membrane switch. :)

Ken

So many "membrane" switches are custom designs, e.g., front panels of microwave ovens, dishwashers, thermostats, etc., and finding something "all-purpose" may be difficult. And as mentioned, most seem to be momentary-contact requiring electronics to provide the on-off function you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back