Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where-o-Where is my .lst and .asm files, MPLAB C18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I thought I have generated a list file, but cannot find in project folder when file/open from MPLAB. MPASM is checked for its generation, and squashed a "w" command from the Linker file script in Project Build options. Same deal with .asm file, although haven't tried yet. I give, any thoughts.

Here is the final output if tells anything?
Code:
Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MCC18\bin\mplink.exe" /l"C:\MCC18\lib" /k"C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1" ".\18f4620.lkr" "SimpleExampleNode1.o" "Console.o" "MSPI.o" "SymbolTime.o" "P2P.o" "HardwareProfile.o" /u_CRUNTIME /z__MPLAB_BUILD=1 /m"Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.map" /l "Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.lst"/o"Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.cof"
MPLINK 4.30.01, Linker

Thanks 3VO, sorry I didn't get back sooner, but put more time in to try and make it work. I have tried the C18 intermediate directory, and it points to the expected folder ( /l "Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.lst") as shown in the output. The file just doesn't get generated, even though the linker says it wants too? It has to be something really stupid on my part.

Hoping to get the .lst so that I can start chopping away at unnecessary variables from the Picdem Z demo code.

Here is the complete output from the build all:

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Release build of project `C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.mcp' started.
Mon Aug 31 23:10:04 2009
Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\SimpleExampleNode1.o".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Common\Console.o".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\P2P\MSPI.o".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\P2P\SymbolTime.o".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\P2P\P2P.o".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\HardwareProfile.o".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.cof".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.hex".
Clean Warning: File "C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.cod" doesn't exist.
Clean Warning: File "C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.lst" doesn't exist.
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.map".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.mcs".
Clean: Done.
Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4620 /i"C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -I"C:\MCC18\h" -I"..\..\P2P\P2P Node 1" "SimpleExampleNode1.c" -fo="SimpleExampleNode1.o" -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
MPLAB C18 v3.30 (feature limited)
Copyright 2000-2009 Microchip Technology Inc.
This version of MPLAB C18 does not support the extended mode
and will not perform all optimizations.  To purchase a full
copy of MPLAB C18, please contact your local distributor or
visit buy.microchip.com.

Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4620 /i"C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -I"C:\MCC18\h" -I"..\..\P2P\P2P Node 1" "Console.c" -fo="Console.o" -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
visit buy.microchip.com.

Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4620 /i"C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -I"C:\MCC18\h" -I"..\..\P2P\P2P Node 1" "MSPI.c" -fo="MSPI.o" -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
visit buy.microchip.com.

Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4620 /i"C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -I"C:\MCC18\h" -I"..\..\P2P\P2P Node 1" "SymbolTime.c" -fo="SymbolTime.o" -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
visit buy.microchip.com.

Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4620 /i"C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -I"C:\MCC18\h" -I"..\..\P2P\P2P Node 1" "P2P.c" -fo="P2P.o" -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
visit buy.microchip.com.

Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4620 /i"C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -I"C:\MCC18\h" -I"..\..\P2P\P2P Node 1" "HardwareProfile.c" -fo="HardwareProfile.o" -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
visit buy.microchip.com.

Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mplink.exe" /l"C:\MCC18\lib" /k"C:\MCC18\lkr" ".\18f4620.lkr" "SimpleExampleNode1.o" "..\..\Microchip\Common\Console.o" "..\..\Microchip\P2P\MSPI.o" "..\..\Microchip\P2P\SymbolTime.o" "..\..\Microchip\P2P\P2P.o" "HardwareProfile.o" /u_CRUNTIME /z__MPLAB_BUILD=1 /m"Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.map" /o"Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.cof" /l"Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.lst"
MPLINK 4.30.01, Linker
Copyright (c) 2009 Microchip Technology Inc.
Errors    : 0

MP2HEX 4.30.01, COFF to HEX File Converter
Copyright (c) 2009 Microchip Technology Inc.
Errors    : 0

Loaded C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.cof.
Release build of project `C:\Microchip Solutions\P2P\P2P Node 1\Simple Example P2P - PIC18 - C18 Node 1.mcp' succeeded.
Mon Aug 31 23:10:10 2009
BUILD SUCCEEDED
Here is the schematic for the Picdem Z breadboard project. With all the wires flying around, this project could be a little iffy, we'll see.

Attachments

• PicDem_Z.jpg
    PicDem_Z.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 742
A list file should come from the compiler not the linker. The linker generates a MAP file. I did not catch that the first time.

I am a bit excited to see another person here using Microchip's ZigBee. How good of a fit do you get soldering the pins to the side of the module.

I do not know which PIC you are using but The 18F4620 will only work if the full version of the C18 compiler is in the trial period with full optimization. After that it runs out of memory.

3v0

Last edited:
O.K. then, stopped trying to generate the list file from the linker. Will now concentrate on the C18 side of things. It's as though the .exe is dead set against the the assembler from generating the .lst file. I'm sure if this was a straight assembler compile, there wouldn't be this conversation.

Yes the layout of the MRF24J40MA is set up perfectly for the sip headers. The overall width is 0.700", and pin spacing is 0.100", to center of holes. I just use the breadboard or pcb as a jig for soldering the headers to the module, very sturdy connection. Way better than the Maxstream XBee layout.

Thanks for the heads up on the Zigbee stack limitations. Looks like a 18LFxxxx TQFP part may be in the future, oh boy. Right now just concentrating on getting the simple P2P stack going first. The demo would be up and running, but only have one 18f4620. So will be trying to get the node2 set up on a 18LF2320. Node1 is a 18f4620, with a 74HC244 buffer to the rf module. It acts like it wants to talk to another module.

solution

To product a C18 assembler listing (.lst) file, you need to run mp2cod.exe...

Project > Build Options > Project
custom build tab
post build options
mp2cod.exe yourfile.cof

Credit for this solution goes to Mark at edaboard.com

Need Help with MP2COD.EXE

I try just using the .cof file as a single paramter, but it keeps asking for a "device" to be specified with the /p parameter. I can't find any documentation on /p and it is not listed in the paramater list when the .EXE file is run by itself. Can someone help me?

The following DOES NOT work

MP2COD xxx.cof

This also does not work

MP2COD xxx.cof xxx.lst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back