Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where is the Mic in This Circuit ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aljamri

Attachments

• TwoWireIntercom.gif
    TwoWireIntercom.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
hi,
The speaker is used as a mike. dual function.

The speaker works in 2 modes. It works as a microphone when the push-to-talk switch is pressed (at your end), and as a speaker at the far end.

No extra microphone required.

It is interesting that power comes from the far end, through the speaker. Quite a clever circuit.

EDIT: oops.... ericgibbs got there first

Last edited:
The speaker works in 2 modes. It works as a microphone when the push-to-talk switch is pressed (at your end), and as a speaker at the far end.

No extra microphone required.

EDIT: oops.... ericgibbs got there first

hi R,
You've got be quicker than that.!;)

OOOPS .... thanks for your swift answers.

Is this a special type of speaker/Mic ? or a separate speaker and a Mic to be connected in parallel ?!

Thank you

OOOPS .... thanks for your swift answers.

Is this a special type of speaker/Mic ? or a separate speaker and a Mic to be connected in parallel ?!

Thank you

hi,
Its only a speaker, most speakers will work as a 'crude' microphone.

Note the impedance of the speaker

Last edited:
Ohh my God, Is that true. Can I use my 8 Ohms speaker as a mic ???

**broken link removed**

Ohh my God, Is that true. Can I use my 8 Ohms speaker as a mic ???

That circuit specifies a 25R to 125R speaker..

But your 8R would work on a suitable amplifier, try connecting the speaker leads to a scope and talk into it..

I do not think that I came across such speaker, I've googled for "25R speaker" and got

"25R speaker" -

Last edited:
A speaker used as a mic makes a very boomy sound due to its resonance.
Gas stations have a very cheap intercom at the pumps that use a 45 ohm speaker.

Google and most of the world never heard of a 25R speaker. They know about a 25 ohm speaker instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back