Where is the Mic in This Circuit ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The speaker works in 2 modes. It works as a microphone when the push-to-talk switch is pressed (at your end), and as a speaker at the far end.

No extra microphone required.

It is interesting that power comes from the far end, through the speaker. Quite a clever circuit.

EDIT: oops.... ericgibbs got there first

Last edited:
The speaker works in 2 modes. It works as a microphone when the push-to-talk switch is pressed (at your end), and as a speaker at the far end.

No extra microphone required.

EDIT: oops.... ericgibbs got there first

hi R,
You've got be quicker than that.!

OOOPS .... thanks for your swift answers.

Is this a special type of speaker/Mic ? or a separate speaker and a Mic to be connected in parallel ?!

Thank you

OOOPS .... thanks for your swift answers.

Is this a special type of speaker/Mic ? or a separate speaker and a Mic to be connected in parallel ?!

Thank you

hi,
Its only a speaker, most speakers will work as a 'crude' microphone.

Note the impedance of the speaker

Last edited:
Ohh my God, Is that true. Can I use my 8 Ohms speaker as a mic ???

That circuit specifies a 25R to 125R speaker..

But your 8R would work on a suitable amplifier, try connecting the speaker leads to a scope and talk into it..

That circuit specifies a 25R to 125R speaker..

But your 8R would work on a suitable amplifier, try connecting the speaker leads to a scope and talk into it..

Even large PA speakers work quite well as mikes - amazing what you can use for an emergency bass drum mike

A speaker used as a mic makes a very boomy sound due to its resonance.
Gas stations have a very cheap intercom at the pumps that use a 45 ohm speaker.

Google and most of the world never heard of a 25R speaker. They know about a 25 ohm speaker instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…