Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where Can You Find Large Project Enclosures or What Else Can You Use For One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs14smith

Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of building a RC lawn mower, and I need some type of enclosure that will be able to store my electronics (motor controller, micro-processor, inverter..etc.).

I checked radio shack and the largest they had was a 8x6x3 (Project Enclosure (8x6x3") - RadioShack.com), but I'm looking for something a bit larger so that everything isn't crammed inside. I'll probably add a fan as well for ventilation.

So it needs to be something made out of a hard plastic or similar to the material as the project enclosure above, and I'd say for dimensions at least: 1'x1'x5" (Length x Width x Height)

Thanks

Actually I think I just found something that might just suit my needs. Anyone else running across this thread later and wondering what I found, you can view the enclosure here: **broken link removed**

It's not exactly 1'x1' but I think it should be fine considering how deep the case is.

I was gonna say check out the exterior nema load center, splice, or breaker boxes. Another idea would be any of the sprinkler controller enclosures.

Tupperware helped lot of people. Have a look on their catalog.

I generally use enclosures from Bud Industries or Hammond Manufacturing. There are also many others out there to choose from. Note the NEMA ratings for your application. I generally buy from Allied Electronics but there are other distributors to choose from. Hoffman and Altech come to mind. You won't find a large or NEMA rated enclosure at Radio Shack.

Ron

Hi,

check out Bopla.de

I suggest to use the RCP1,300 or RCP1,600 series enclosures.

They offer stable ABS design with acrylic glass doors (lockable) for easy access to the circuit controls.

Boncuk

Change to a different internet server or cable TV provider. They will install their own box on the wall of your house and leave the old one for you.:D

I'd show you a photo of the row on my back wall, but it isn't dawn yet and my cheap camera can't find the side of a white house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back