Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can i get one of these? ISA Breadboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

Does anyone know where i can buy one of these ISA boards?

**broken link removed**

Or does anyone have one they would be willing to sell?

I know Jameco used to have them, but they don't anymore. :(

One small wiring mistake and there goes your ISA bus. Actually a store in Toronto has the short ones, you could attach a small solderless breadboard.
You can't realistically even work on the thing, constant removal and insertion will stress those ISA connectors, you can't work on when its installed either.

PS don't do it, use a serial port and a microcontroller.

Would it be possible to create a Graphical Matrix. Then you have a configurable board ?

I have something similar from a Company Called (Clearone) audio mixer. They used to sell (Getner.)

Blueroomelectronics said:
One small wiring mistake and there goes your ISA bus.

I am not too concerned about that. I have quite a few computers with ISA slots, and i have an unlimited (almost) supply of computers with ISA slots.

you can't work on when its installed either.
Not true. I have at least 3 or 4 computer that have the ISA buses on a daughter board. Like this;
**broken link removed**

use a serial port and a microcontroller.

Yeah, but i need to learn how to use them first. :( There is a bit of a learning curve when there is nobody to learn from (free).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back