Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I find 12VDC to 75VAC inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellepeloton

Hi everyone,

I found this site through google, I am trying to find 12VDC to 75VAC (50/60Hz) inverter, very low power (<5W). Can I find off-the-shelf? If not, is it easy to build one? I have tried to google to find one with no luck. Any help welcome. I live in the UK.

Thanks,
Pelle

Last edited:
If you find something, please come back and post it. I need the same thing for charging a big capacitor off a solar panel... My searches didn't bare fruit either.

pellepeloton said:
Hi everyone,

I found this site through google, I am trying to find 12VDC to 75VAC (50/60Hz) inverter, very low power (<5W). Can I find off-the-shelf? If not, is it easy to build one? I have tried to google to find one with no luck. Any help welcome. I live in the UK.

Thanks,
Pelle

Try one around 555 or 7555(cmos counterpart),have a meduium power transistor driving a transformer connected in reverse.(110 primary to 18or 24V secondary). Of course with core re-assembled with all Es on one side and All "I"s other side, with small reluctance gap to reduce core saturation. we used this design in generating ringing voltages for small telecom PBXs.

mvs sarma said:
Try one around 555 or 7555(cmos counterpart),have a meduium power transistor driving a transformer connected in reverse.(110 primary to 18or 24V secondary). Of course with core re-assembled with all Es on one side and All "I"s other side, with small reluctance gap to reduce core saturation. we used this design in generating ringing voltages for small telecom PBXs.

Thanks Sarma, but too difficult for me to follow :)

You should be able to find low wattage (40W?) inverters, and then add aa 220 to 75v transforrmer.

mneary said:
You should be able to find low wattage (40W?) inverters, and then add aa 220 to 75v transforrmer.

Thanks, I will use such setup for testing, but for the final product I would need something more compact.

pellepeloton said:
Thanks, I will use such setup for testing, but for the final product I would need something more compact.

hi,
Does the output have to 'square' or 'sine', also is the 50/60Hz essential.?

What are you going to drive with the output.?

ericgibbs said:
hi,
Does the output have to 'square' or 'sine', also is the 50/60Hz essential.?

What are you going to drive with the output.?

I will be driving a privacy glass panel. (shower wall for my friend's motorhome!)

This would replace 230VAC transformer. I don't know if it has to be sine and 50/60Hz, but that's what the output is from the mains transformer.

pellepeloton said:
I will be driving a privacy glass panel. (shower wall for my friend's motorhome!)

This would replace 230VAC transformer. I don't know if it has to be sine and 50/60Hz, but that's what the output is from the mains transformer.

hi,
I have looked for low power 12Vdc convertors with no luck.

As you dont know the requirement of the shower panel, its not easy to suggest a simple solution.

The voltage of 75Vac sounds very unusual, where would the shower panel normally be plugged in.? does it come with a local mains to 75Vac transformer.?

ericgibbs said:
hi,
I have looked for low power 12Vdc convertors with no luck.

As you dont know the requirement of the shower panel, its not easy to suggest a simple solution.

The voltage of 75Vac sounds very unusual, where would the shower panel normally be plugged in.? does it come with a local mains to 75Vac transformer.?

Thanks for your help. Yes my mate has a 230VAC transformer which was supplied with the panel. Obviously this could be connected to a 12VDC->230VAC inverter, but there is not too much space in his motorhome to do this installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back