Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can i buy cheap li-ion battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holax12

Hello,

Am currently doing a project that requires up to 450 watts per package. Initially i thought of using phone batteries (i.e 3.7v @ 1000mA=3.7 watts) , that would result to ~ 1 08 batteries which does not meet up with my project standard/requirements because it has to be as portable as ever. I would like to know if i can get battery that is as small as the phone battery and at a much higher current as well as the price. Thanks

Hello,

Am currently doing a project that requires up to 450 watts per package. Initially i thought of using phone batteries (i.e 3.7v @ 1000mA=3.7 watts) , that would result to ~ 1 08 batteries which does not meet up with my project standard/requirements because it has to be as portable as ever. I would like to know if i can get battery that is as small as the phone battery and at a much higher current as well as the price. Thanks

You don't mention your location. That would help considerably.

Additionally you mention 3.7 volts and 450 watts which is in excess of 100 amps or about 122 amps give or take. You also don't mention the actual load time? This would be one heck of a battery weighing in pretty heavy. The only batteries I know of that deliver tremendous current for a short time are thermal batteries that I experimented with for guided missile applications. They are a one time good deal and once ignited and spent that is it. You don't recharge them.

You really better need to spell out exactly what the voltage and current requirements are and how long the source needs to provide the power.

Ron

You can buy cheap batteries on E-Bay. Half of them might work.

You can buy cheap batteries on E-Bay. Half of them might work.

And the other half? :)

Oh wait, those are the ones that explode right?

Ron

I buy name-brand Li-Po batteries from my local hobby store and every one works perfectly.
My friends buy cheap Chinese Li-Po batteries on E-Bay and only half work and the other half are full of **** or something.
So they are paying for the boat to carry the ****.

I think a Li-Po battery that has some **** inside will not work but will explode. It will also smell bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back